10 Ones to Watch in 2018


I'm going to do a couple of these posts, because there's just too many bands/artists that are on the tip of stardom, and I can't help but feel they're going to smash 2018! In this list are some bands who are really establishing themselves and some who are just starting out, at the end of the day it's about perspective to how successful a year is.


The first time I heard No Hot Ashes was their astronomically catchy single 'Goose' and I was hooked. And judging various social medias, as is the nation becoming. What astounds me is that these guys are yet to release a complete project and they have fans coming out their ears. Catchy their funky grooves in 2018.


Riscas are a band that I've recently discovered, their mixture of indie pop and rock is infectious. 'Panic Like Tom' has been stuck in my head for weeks and I love it. I'm hoping to catch these guys in Birmingham in January, and I think you should too. And you might just find one of their support acts on this list as well...


Pale Waves are smashing it. They have so few songs available to listen to yet they're embarking on sell out tours across the country. It's absolute madness! But tunes like 'Television ROmance' are captivating people and it's fully deserved.


These guys made one of my EPs of the year. Drift was a phenomenal piece of work and it showed a different side to the band, a side that was more lowkey, a more artistically creative side Something that I love to see, development is key. If you get chance to check out their first EP 'Shallow' as well.


One of the most talented and creative bands I've ever had the pleasure of interviewing. Their latest tune 'Aloe' was was so well written, so well produced and overall brilliant. One of the things I love the most about L-Space is the fact that their music is so different and creative, it's like going on a trip... without the substances.


My EP of the year was created by Caswell, the suffolk based singer-songwriter has such a uniquely enticing voice that I can't help but listen to this EP on quite a regular basis. 2018 only promises to be a big year after more attention hones in on her debut EP.


Criminally underrated doesn't even begin to explain Joy Room. All of their music is crafted so well to such an extent that you wouldn't be ridiculed for believing they were signed and on album runs. After seeing them live in September it just confirmed to me even further that these guys are special, and people are going to realise in 2018.


And here are Riscas' future support act. Way to good to be a support act in my opinion but I respect the grind and any exposure is good exposure. But in a world of The 1975 and Lany, The Real Cool are themselves, and undeniably unique. With synth-pop and harmonious tunes, it's a recipe for success.


At KMMReviews, Francobollo can't have a better year. A stellar review of their gig, an interview and a place on our top 10 albums of the year. All fully deserved in their own right. One of the most uniquely talented bands I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, and some really nice guys as wel. After 2017's world tour, they're going to kill 2018.


KMMR's first ever interview were these guys. Their psychedelic vibes and groovy guitars are addictive. And I think that's the best way to describe their music, the Welsh rockers don't show any sign of stopping either as they continue to grow their fan base. A big UK tour in 2018 please guys.