Artists of Tomorrow (Part 3)


As we move into 2018, I thought it would be fun to add to my list of artists of tomorrow. If you haven't checked out Part 1 and Part 2 then please do so by following the links. And I hope you find your new favourite band/singer through these lists. And if you enjoy an artist, then don't forget to let them know on Twitter, Facebook or any other social media.

Island


I'm still annoyed I missed seeing these lads at The Cookie, Leicester last month. They have carved such a unique and complete sound. They sit somewhere between Pop and Indie and yet they do it so well, I don't think I've ever enjoyed this sort of sound so much before. It's harmonious and it's subtle at the same time. I can't wait for their album to drop next year, I have extremely high expectations for it and I hope it continues their current sound.

Trampolene


I first saw Trampolene when they supported Liam Gallagher earlier this month and I was quite surprised how good they were for a first support out of two. The Welsh rockers utilise the lead singers unique voice to create hard hitting tunes. It's music to put on when you've got your mates round and you're getting on it. Music to listen to loud whilst driving at night. Also, a poet in his own right with a few spoken word pieces on their debut album, Swansea To Hornsey, with the album opener being a personal favourite. I hope they tour soon so I can go and see them again

Riscas


The first time I heard Riscas I was listening to The Real Cool on Youtube and I saw their video was recommended, for some reason I felt compelled to listen to it. I'm so glad I did. Riscas are a band sitting in a saturated market. And whilst they aren't reinventing the wheel, they're bending it and misshaping it to fit how they want. They remind me a lot of Alex Turner-esque vocals over some The 1975 type beats to which sounds horrid on paper, yet works so damn well in reality.

Goat Girl




The reaffirming of the London music scene over the past few years has been a blessing, South Londoners Goat Girl are one of those and  the all-girl group have utilised their music to voice their thoughts and opinions, exactly what music is for. And this is exactly why championing female rock band is one of the most important things in the industry right now. If you're a fan of bands like Wolf Alice or Bully then you're going to love Goat Girl as they set conquer the musical world, and they're doing one radiant single at a time.

Rae Morris


British Singer-Songwriter Rae Morris is a very unique talent. With such a lovely voice it's understandable that she's fast rising to fame. Tracks like Atletico and Do It are getting me very excited for her new album next february. When I think of pop music I think of acts like this instead of the generic chart rubbish, people like Rae Morris have a genuine talent. 

Shame




Punk rockers Shame are due to release their debut album next year. Their snarling songs are some of the most gripping and ferocious music I've heard in a while. If you're fans of The Blinders, Slaves, Cabbage or punk rock in general then please check these guys out, especially significant due to their topical music and their brilliantly unique vocal-abilities. Stand this side-by-side with some fine guitar playing and you have Shame.

Average Sex




I always try and make it to see the support acts at gigs, that way I've discovered some fantastic bands such as Estrons, Boy Azooga, Sunflower Bean & Our Girl. To add to that ever growing list is Average Sex, seeing them support The Charlatans was brilliant. The french band somehow put their accents to one side and it's almost unrecognisable that they are French at all. Their music is strangely satisfying and extremely listenable. They recently released their debut EP, Ice Cream, and I recommend checking it out.

Black Honey



An article a few weeks ago claimed that a pub in Middlesbrough was not allowing female fronted rock bands play in the pub because they "Don't understand rock". I call absolute bullsh*t on that in the form of Black Honey. They are more rock than 90% of bands and their music is so catchy yet so hard and brilliant. Their latest single 'Dig' on first listen sounded like on of their worst songs to date, yet it got stuck in my head and then I was drawn to it every time I opened Spotify, and that's something quite magical with music and it's something that's hard to force yourself to create. Definitely check out Black Honey if you're into bands like Royal Blood or Wolf Alice.




Irish punk-rockers, Otherkin, create such a unique sound. The most inimitable vocals I've heard in a fair few years. Their debut album OK featured on my top 50 albums of the year and rightly so. It has absolute crackers like React and Come On, Hello on there, songs that would definitely make my Top 50 songs of the year had I done one. Irish rock has been simmering as of late, after a few decades of dominance but could Otherkin be the start of it boiling back over?