Albums To Look Forward To In 2018

Shame - Songs of Praise


Really excited for Shame's debut album, it's hopefully going to be one of my albums of the year and judging by the singles I can't see any reason as to why it wouldn't be. Really excited to see these guys live in a few months as well.

The 1975 - Music For Cars


The 1975 went from boyband to indie-pop heroes in the space of 2 albums. I quite enjoyed their first album to be honest but their second album is quite honestly one of the greatest things I've ever heard. So to top off this self-proclaimed trilogy must be a great album. There's been no singles yet, but I'm certain this is going to be a corker.

Rae Morris - Someone Out There


Rae Morris is phenomenally talented, anyone who can write a catchy pop song is. However, her album Someone Out There has me very excited because the singles so far have been very good. With this album I'm hoping we get the pop album of the year. And I have a feeling we just might...

The Hunna - Dare


So the singles so far haven't been the best. Summer felt like it edged too close to pop and it didn't feel as if it were mastered properly and Dare tried too hard to be edgy. Nonetheless, 100 was one of my 2016 albums of the year because of the fact that The Hunna were so unique, they blended many genres and made an overall great album.

Arctic Monkeys - TBA


Arctic Monkeys have hinted at the fact that they're in a secret studio working on a new album. AM was nigh on 5 years ago now and whilst The Last Shadow Puppets have tided me over, as a sort of starter. I'm ready for the main course now, and I'm terribly excited for this album.

Ezra Furman - Transangelic Exodus


The first time I heard Perpetual Motion People, I was blown away. Ezra Furman was so unique, and it felt like I'd been searching my whole life for that album. The use of percussion on that album is beautiful and the topics of the songs are personal and effective. But all we've had since is an EP, and now we're on the run up to an album! Expect this to be in my end of year albums list.

The Blinders - TBA


The Blinders produce some of the most visceral and in your face music I've ever heard. Seeing them live was quite powerful, through songs like Brave New World they produce some of the most fantastic punk I've heard in years. An exciting band if there ever was one.

The Vaccines - Combat Sports


I think English Graffiti was a massively underrated album, and I was worried that it would be their last. I've heard a lot of rumours that they had infact split up. Luckily that isn't true and they've been teasing their new album. There's been nothing other than teases so far but I'm excited for the first single!

The Wombats - Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life


Lemon To A Knife Fight is an absolute banger, and at this point what else do we expect from the indie-pop stalwarts. They take a long time to produce all of their music, because they try to craft their songs, it's obvious they are perfectionists. Glitterbug was about 3 years ago and we're absolutely due this album. I've got this pre-ordered and I have no doubt it's going to be up there as a great indie album. Check out the new single, Turn, as well. 

Black Honey - TBA


Black Honey are one of my favourite up and coming bands. I saw them live when they supported Royal Blood on their latest tour and it was a lot of fun. Tracks like Dig & Corrine epitomise everything that people love about BH. They have unique vocals, heavy sound but there's a bubblegum pop undertone and it's slotted together so well.

Island - Feels Like Air


Island are a band that I love to support, I love their talent. They make some brilliant music, with their dreamy sounds and beautiful guitar work it's easy to see why they're on the constant rise. Their debut album is released next year and I couldn't be more exciteable, thus far it's felt like a long lead up but I'm sure the pay off will be perfect. Don't forget to stop by Leicester on the tour.

Oasis - TBA

We can hope right?