Rejjie Snow - Dear Annie (Album Review)


Rejjie Snow, a Dublin born hip-hop artist, is one of the most innovative, interesting and exciting things to happen to rap since Kendrick Lamar. Going into this project I'd never heard any of Rejjie's music before but coming out of this project I'm buzzing. Rejjie has such a uniquely excellent flow and a great ear for lowkey beats. This project thoroughly reminded me of Tyler, The Creator's Goblin and Wolf which are two astoundingly innovative projects. Rejjie also adopts a very laidback, interestingly captivating flow that leads to you becoming enticed into this album as it leads through track after track for a well-worth-your-time 40 minutes.

I'm a big fan of the track "Rainbows" which takes on the genre of pop rap, but it seems a lot different to the rest of the others like it. And I particularly enjoyed the interview segments in between the songs, and as some of you avid readers may know,  I love a concept album they just make for a more interesting listening. I'm not the biggest fan of the direction hip-hop is going in, and I've never been the biggest fan of UK rap. However, this album gives me hope, and I really hope that this sparks a change in rap because I'm not happy seeing Lil Yachty getting the sort of attention he is. Listen to this album and support real rap.

9/10