Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy (Album Review)


It pains me to say it, but this is actually quite good. I don’t know whether it’s because I’ve listened to so much trash rap lately or whether it’s because it really does deserve to be called good. But some of the rapping and beat choices on this are top notch!

I’ve been vibing with “Bodak Yellow” for quite a while, that was one hell of a hype anthem and as far as rap tracks go, probably one of my top 10 of last year. What I failed to see with Cardi B though is any longevity, a one-hit wonder I thought to myself, but boy was I wrong. Astoundingly wrong!

People love her! It’s crazy that there’s a Cardi-Mania going on. And she’s producing the rap its to ensure her superstar status as well. For example, the album opener hooks in with a crazy beat and Cardi just starts spitting bars, it’s so in your face and so bragadocious it’s irresistibly infectious. Of course, you can only get to the music if you get past the dreadfully bad album cover first, which I know is hard, but it’s actually quite worth it.

However, content matter begins to let her down though. After a while her rapping about stripping and trapping begins get tedious, and the constant heavy beats begin to get tedious as well. I know that she’s riding a wave at the minute but without anything to keep setting her apart other than her personality she’s going to end up in the bin after her 5 minutes of fame… unfortunately.

6/10