Unpopular Opinions: Musicals Have The BEST Music?!


I think it's way too premature to start banding around they are one of the greats. For example, with the amount of time and music that he's been around for it would have more substance to claim that Arctic Monkeys are one of the greatest of all time - which you can't really state until they've either disbanded or been around long enough to see the change their music caused. I'm personally a fan of Joey Bada$$ but to state that he's a goat at this stage of his career is ridiculous.



I challenge you on these 4 singles, because I refuse to believe that much good music ever came from Maroon 5. I will concede that "She Will Be Loved" was a banger in its day and "Moves Like Jagger" was a big song in its day. But the only song of theirs that I've ever actually liked is "Sugar" other than that it's just forgettable bubblegum pop.



Whilst Kanye is my favourite artist of all time I do find it ridiculous that people say things like this. Because music is so subjective that you can only ever claim who your favourite band is. So to promote Kanye West to this standard would undermine people like The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Biggie, Nirvana and whomever your favourite artist is. 



Once again, music is too subjective to promote this. HOWEVER, I don't think this is could ever be the case, broadway is over the top and yet very catchy - it does have that going for it. However, the artistic creativity of bands such as Alt-J or the way Kanye produces a track does more to add to the world of music than broadway music ever has. It isn't respected by a lot of music fans and critics a like and there's a reason for that, it's not very personal to the singer and stands to have little meaning outside of the story it is encapsulated within.



undoubtedly the truth.



I thought this was a kind of ridiculous opinion at first, until I thought that no one has ever come close to even copying his style of music and guitar playing. The way he utilises his guitar to create a myriad of sounds that I never even thought were possible is crazy - there's a reason that people always call upon him to feature on their tracks.



!!RIDICULOUS OPINION ALERT!!
Seriously though, this is laughable. Let's just take ONE of Jay-Z's albums - The Blueprint - one of the greatest albums ever to be made. This album alone changed the face of rap music throughout the noughties, taking on a style of bragadocious rap that utilised their power and money rather than their upbringing. Jay-Z went on to make more classics including Reasonable Doubt, The Black Album, American Gangster and to be honest I think 4:44 is a damn fine piece of work. So. WRONG.



Erm. This is a tough one because whilst I feel that he is one of the most influential rappers I'm not sure that he is top of that list. For example all the things I just said about Jay-Z, Drake has taken on the burden of being the biggest rapper of this generation which simultaneously brings with it the amount of influence he has on the new school. Kanye's 808's & Heartbreaks influenced Drake massively though and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is arguably one of the greatest rap records of all time. So it's a tough one but I don't think Lil Wayne is number one on the influencers list if I'm honest.