Record Store Day 2019 Haul


Every year I've been participating in Record Store Day in Birmingham, queuing as early as possible outside Ignite and then popping over to Swordfish to see what they have left over from the early risers - it's always been a successful way of doing it but I've always wondered what it's like at other places. So this year I popped over to Leamington and into Seismic Records, I've been there a fair few times and it's a brilliant little record store that takes Record Store Day to the max, ordering in a tonne of stock for us vinyl heads. I always wanted to visit a place that put their stock out on the shelves rather than giving them a list and they pick your stuff out from behind the counter - I didn't get everything on my list this year though but I did get most of it.

Sam Fender - Play God

Sam Fender really is the man of the moment isn't he, blowing up big time at the moment, all we need is a solo album from the indie rock maestro. I first heard this single on the Fifa soundtrack and it's some beautiful work, and the B-Side of "Hypersonic Missiles" live is truly wonderful, really whet my appetite for seeing him next month.

Peter Doherty & The Putra Madres - Who's Been Having You Over?

Pete Doherty is a strange one isn't he, if he's not crafting off unusually large breakfasts he's making some proper tunes. This new single from his upcoming album is wonderful though and on luscious transparent pink vinyl it was hard to search past it without picking it up for the collection.

Declan McKenna - Regurgitated

We've waited so long for new Declan McKenna music that even things that aren't really new are incredibly enticing. This beautiful 10" picture disc is a fine addition to my collection, and even though it's a picture disc it's a great pressing even though they sound nothing like Declan McKenna.

Chase & Status - No More Idols

Words can't describe how much I used to listen to this album when I was a teenager, and I think it's still held up really well with the growth of grime and deep house hitting the mainstream, both of which have places in this album. This being it's first ever time on vinyl made it a must-have for me (Even if it wasn't on my list and I impulse bought it)

Sleeper - Live at The Ritz

Britpop legends Sleeper getting back together was great news for me, I've always been a fan of them. Picking up this live ep from one of their first return shows was a must and it contains some great renditions of the new songs alongside 2 fan favourites on blue vinyl as well!

Our Girl - Live at St Pancras Old Church

Our Girl are one of the best performers I've ever seen, providing so much more to their tracks when they perform them live, leaving it all on stage with their unique version of grunge mixed with indie rock and so much more as well. This comes across perfectly in this phenomenal live album, pressed so beautifully with warmth in abundance. This was my number one must-have and now I'm so glad I have it.

The Charlatans - Us & Us Only


One of their more underrated albums with one of the greatest openers of all time in "Forever" and it continues in the same respect throughout. And now it's finally got a repress on clear vinyl for RSD and it sounds just as great as ever.

The Charlatans - Everything Changed



The second charlatans release on RSD and arguably the greatest value RSD release ever. FIFTEEN!! 7 inch singles in a box set for the tender price of £75 - I challenge anyone to go out there and buy 15 new singles for less than that - especially ones of the quality of this phenomenally wonderous box set - the perfect set for a night in!

IDLES - Meat / Meta EP

Another record that is seeing it's first ever release on vinyl, and I challenge you to find anyone who didn't want this on the day - luckily for everyone who wanted it they printed a tonne of them so no one missed out. I haven't had chance to listen to it yet but I can assure you it's one of the better releases on the day - I'm excited to listen to the remixes on the Meta EP as well...

U2 - The Europa EP
This is actually what I picked up for my Dad on the day, but I'm definitely going to be stealing it to give it a listen at some point because I'm interested to hear the new rendition of "New Years Day" and the version of Charlie Chaplin's The Dictator speech they've done on their most recent tour - love the cover as well.

And if you're wondering the two records I missed out on - Lost In Translation OST and Morrissey's Love To Be. I'm not shocked to miss out on the Lost In Translation soundtrack, but I did really want it. I am, however, incredibly shocked to miss out on the Morrissey release - I wasn't expecting it to be that much of an issue when getting there at 6am!