Boarder - Bad Roots & End Of The Day (Track Reviews)



Bad Roots
I saw Boarder supporting Estrons well over a year ago at The Cookie and I saw something special in them, at the time they were unpolished and hadn't quite found their sound. But with this recent double release I think they've found their nich of lo-fi indie rock that will sizzle the headphones right off your head. Bad Roots contains some fine drumming work with a sound much akin to The Big Moon on acid with and some very punky guitars with loads of distortion chucked into the mix. There can never be too much distortion!

End of The Day
Much like Bad Roots, End of the Day is loud, abrasive and in your face but it's produced with such care and it will fool you with it's calmness sometimes that it reminds me of how special I thought they could be when I saw them at The Cookie, and this tune is exactly what I had imagined. I particularly enjoy how the vocals do come to the forefront a tad more on this single and it represents the diversity that Boarder can produce in the future.

Listen