Candid - Concrete Jungle (Track Review)


I went to a gig at the Sunflower Lounge about two years ago, and on the support bill were a young band from Coventry. They were loud, raucous but most of all they were clean and polished - like a band that had been together for over 10 years. I said in my review of that gig that they were destined for big things, a brave call considering this was my first time hearing of them. That band were Candid, and since then they've done nothing but prove me right with huge banger after banger - and now they're here with their latest 'Concrete Jungle'.


Concrete Jungle is an indie rock anthem and in parts reminds me of the rock 'n' roll of The Amazons with the songbuilding and writing of Arctic Monkeys. Concrete Jungle is a record that continues much in the same vein as their previous records, building into a frenzy that you know will send the crowds mental.

Rob Latimer's (Lead Vocals) are as strong as ever on here, as infused with the likes of Catfish & The Bottlemen as ever and perfectly fitting of the rock sound. But what strikes me most about Concrete Jungle is how well produced it is, much more professional and crisp than their previous records and a clear sign of the trajectory this band are heading for.